First of all, for the ones that don’t know what zoodles are: zoodles is zucchini spaghetti. I thought hmmm… maybe I should try raw zucchini. This dish is very quickly made and was my late night dish. I thought about the sauce I would make with it and it turned out an avocado sauce a little bit of a pesto guacamole taste. Yes, I hear you thinking: what kind of combination is that well read about it and also read what I think of the dish.
This dish is again for 1 person.
- 200 g zoodles (use a machine that can make zoodles or buy it like that in the supermarket)
- 1 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 tbsp mixed seeds (sunflower and pumpkin seed)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp guacamole mix. I used Euroma guacamole kruiden. Completely natural ingredients
- a couple of cashew nuts
- 12 pieces sliced Santa tomatoes (Dutch: snoep tomaten)
- sesame seed
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Except for the zucchini, tomatoes and cashew nuts
- Throw the zucchini in a bowl. Pour the mix into the bowl and stir
- Throw the cashew nuts, tomato and sesame seed in the bowl
What do I think of this dish?
Well, surprisingly I loved it! The taste was perfect. Also the pesto guacamole twist. I also liked it more than when I cook my zoodles because personally I don’t really like cooked zucchini. I would probably make it again since I always have these ingredients at home.
Feel free to make this dish with other seeds, nuts or toppings like spinach or arugula.
If you try this dish, let me know by giving me a comment below. I would really appreciate it.