There has to be a fruit bowl with this raw vegan food challenge but this time it’s green and if you follow me on Instagram you know that my fruit bowls are never green. The body absorbs plant-based iron and vitamin C much better together and there are a lot of ingredients with vitamin C and iron mixed together in this bowl. Read to know what ingredients I used and what I think of the bowl.
- unsweetened soy yogurt
- 100% pure orange juice
- ripe banana. A good ripe banana will give your bowl a sweeter taste
- cocoa powder
- baobab powder
- cashew nuts
- almond nuts
- gluten-free muesli
- Pour the yogurt in a bowl
- Blend spinach, orange juice and banana in a blender. Pour mixture into the bowl and stir. You can taste if it’s sweet enough for you if not, put some sweetener inside like date syrup or maple syrup. I love date syrup! It’s a good replacer for refined sugar and it’s rich in fiber, B vitamins especially B6 and iron
- Throw the rest of the ingredients in your bowl and mix everything together
- Throw the nuts and gluten-free muesli in the bowl
Example of vitamins and minerals this bowl has:
- Spinach: rich in both vitamin C and iron but also rich in vitamin B.
- Orange: besides vitamin c, orange is rich in folic acid, whats important for the development of the unborn child
- Banana: rich in potassium what decreases your blood pressure
- Mango: besides vitamin C, mango is rich in vitamin B6 what is important for a good function of the immune system and nervous system
- Cocoa: it has tryptophan that makes you happy but can also protect you from heart diseases
- Baobab: called Africa’s tree of life because it’s a vitamin bomb
- Flaxseed: is been used a lot for the bowel movement but is also rich in omega 3 fatty acids
- Hempseed: rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
- Cashew nuts: rich in vitamin B5, what’s good for the digestion but also minerals like iron
- Almond nuts: decreases the change in heart -and vascular diseases and reduces the change in diabetes
What do I think of this dish?
I’m a fan of yogurt bowls and this one was a good one! I was careful with the spinach but I know now that I can use more spinach for this dish if I want to. I would probably do that in times that I feel tired or moments I don’t have that much energy since it’s easily made. For now, this combination of ingredients was delish!
If you try this dish, let me know by giving me a comment below. I would really appreciate it.