I started a raw vegan food challenge. For one week I will post raw vegan dishes. They will not be completely raw since I’m not such a fan of raw food but I will throw plenty of raw ingredients in my dishes. For more information on my challenge check my Instagram account or IGTV.
I made one just to see if I will like it and I don’t see myself holding an omelet in the freezer or refrigerator for another day. One omelet was enough for me though.
So do realize that this recipe is for one person only. Double the ingredients when you will make for more people or if you think you will eat more than one omelet 😉
- 45 g chickpeas flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- some chili powder
- some salt
- 100 ml water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- some fresh chopped spinach
- 50 g chopped onion
- 100 g sliced mushroom
- 1/4 chopped tomato
- cheese. I used Vegan Deli Cheddar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Mix the chickpea flour with the flaxseed, baking powder, herbs, nutritional yeast, salt and chili powder. Mix it with the water and leave it for 15 minutes. Make sure the mixture is like a paste. If it’s too thin add a little bit of extra chickpea flour. If it’s too thick add a little bit more water.
- In the meanwhile start heating the oil and bake the onion for 5 minutes. Add garlic powder and bake for another 1 minute. Then add the mushrooms and bake together for 5 minutes with salt and chili powder. Add the corn the last minute. Put the topping aside.
- Heat a little bit of oil in the same pan and pour the mix in the pan. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes till the upper side isn’t liquid anymore and flip it. Add cheese on top of the omelet and lower the fire a little bit so the cheese can melt but make sure the omelet won’t burn. When the omelet is golden brown you’re done.
- Serve the omelet with the baked topping and also the raw topping. throw the spinach on top of the rest.
What do I think of this dish?
I loved this dish and loved how the vegan cheese melted since not all vegan cheeses melt well. Still, I think that I won’t use cheese the next time. The omelet was already cheesy due to the nutritional yeast and with the cheese on top, it was too cheesy for me.
If you try this dish, let me know by giving me a comment below. I would really appreciate it.
Een gedachte over “Raw vegan food challenge Day 1 (Vegan omelet)”