Since I eat gluten-free more often I’ve been looking for recipes to make bread very easy, quick and with ingredients, I mostly have in the house. I think I found it! At least one recipe.
This I can make in no time since I don’t have to go outside to get the ingredients. You also make the bread with 2 main ingredients and these are buckwheat groats and chia seed.
This recipe is for 1 to 2 persons
- 150 g buckwheat groats, soaked for 2 hours. I get them at Ekoplaza but the organic shelf of your local supermarket also has it these days
- 30 g chia seed. Soaked for 30 minutes in 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup water
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 0.75 – 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalaya salt
- 3 tbsp of mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower and pine)
- Preheat oven to 160C/320F.
- Drain the buckwheat and rinse through a sieve. Make sure all the water is drained.
- Place the buckwheat in a food processor.
- Add the chia gel, 1/4 cup water, olive oil, baking powder and Himalaya salt.
- Mix in the food processor for 3 minutes.
- Spoon into a loaf tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes until it’s firmed and it bounces back when pressed with your fingers.
I used the bread to eat with santa tomatoes in Dutch we say ‘snoep tomaten’, avocado, grilled orange bell pepper and scrambled crispy tofu.