Since I eat gluten-free more often I’ve been looking for recipes to make bread very easy, quick and with ingredients, I mostly have in the house. I think I found it! At least one recipe.
This I can make in no time since I don’t have to go outside to get the ingredients. You also make the bread with 2 main ingredients and these are buckwheat groats and chia seed.
This recipe is for 1 to 2 persons
- 150 g buckwheat groats, soaked for 2 hours. I get them at Ekoplaza but the organic shelf of your local supermarket also has it these days
- 30 g chia seed. Soaked for 30 minutes in 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup water
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 0.75 – 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalaya salt
- 3 tbsp of mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower and pine)
- Preheat oven to 160C/320F.
- Drain the buckwheat and rinse through a sieve. Make sure all the water is drained.
- Place the buckwheat in a food processor.
- Add the chia gel, 1/4 cup water, olive oil, baking powder and Himalaya salt.
- Mix in the food processor for 3 minutes.
- Spoon into a loaf tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes until it’s firmed and it bounces back when pressed with your fingers.
I used the bread to eat with santa tomatoes in Dutch we say ‘snoep tomaten’, avocado, grilled orange bell pepper and scrambled crispy tofu.
View this post on Instagram
MESSY WITH LEFTOVERS Sometimes I mess around with leftovers and then something very good comes out of it. In my previous post I mentioned that I don’t like to waste food. Why would you when you can do so much with it. Homemade gluten-free bread topped with santa tomatoes, avocado, grilled bell pepper, scrambled crispy tofu and curry ketchup. I’ve been eating this two days in a row 😋. Dish is completely gluten-free. Recipe of my homemade gluten-free bread is coming. – – – #plantbased #veganglutenfree #snoeptomaten #tomaat #veganlife #veganlifestyle #dairyfree #vegandelight #lactosefree #lactosevrij #zuivelvrij #vegansofig #vegandish #veganbreakfast #veganontbijt #blackvegan #vegangirl #veganfood #plantpower #vegan #veganistisch #tomato #nondairy #plantbasedfood #noanimalsharmed #vegansofig #vegansofinstagram #plantbased #glutenfreevegan