HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
What are your goals this year? My goal: start running again.
If you don’t have a goal yet then I might have one for you and that’s eating healthier.
We eat so much during the holidays that probably isn’t that healthy so I want to share a healthy vegan recipe every Sunday or Monday this January and I’m starting with a vegan soup, inspired by the Surinamese saoto soup.
What you need:
- 2 L. water
- Mixed vegetables (carrot, broccoli, green beans, leek, celery)
- 1 Garlic
- A piece ginger
- A piece lemongrass
- A piece kencur
- A piece galangal
- A piece tumeric
- 1 Tablet organic vegetable stock
– Cook everything til boiling point
– Pour soup in a bowl
– Add Himalayan salt as needed
– Add alfalfa, baked onion, potato sticks, cabbage and whole-wheat noodles like in the pictures below.
- Add bean sprouds in stead of alfalfa (bean sprouds: original ingredient)
- Cook the soup with Surinamese spices like madame jeannette and ajuma
- Add sambal (will do a blogpost about how I make sambal)
Madame Jeannette and ajuma can be very spicy if you’re not familiar with it or not used to spicy food try a little peace first 😉