- Vegan pho is really one of my favorite soups but like many other soups that I love, it’s originally not vegan. I got inspired by a recipe of Allerhande to make a quick pho and I veganized it. If you follow me on Instagram you van tell that many of my dishes are not only vegan but gluten-free as well. The reason for that, I’ll mention in another blog post.
Recipe for 4 people
- 2 liter vegetable stock. I used 3 tbsp vegan bouillon powder of Marigold
- 5 cm fresh ginger
- 1/2 habanero pepper or chili pepper if habanero is too spicy for you
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 100 g brown rice noodles. I used the noodles of Fairtrade Original
- 400 g Asian vegetables. I used these Asian vegetables, ready to use
- 300 g tofu
- 1 lime
- 28 twigs fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp soy sauce. I used this soy sauce of Inproba
- Extra bean sprout (bean sprout is already in the Asian vegetables)
- Boil the 2 liter vegetable stock. Cut the ginger into thin slices. Cut the habanero pepper in normal slices.
- Add the ginger, habanero pepper, cloves and the cinnamon stick in the vegetable stock and let everything draw in 20 minutes on low fire with a closed casserole.
- In the meanwhile, cut the tofu into regular pieces and bake them till they are yellow-brown.
- Take out the cloves and cinnamon stick, throw the noodles in the soup and let the noodles cook for 3 minutes. Add the Asian vegetables 1 minute after with the tofu. Cut the lime into pieces.
- Pour the soup in bowls and give the soup more taste with the soy sauce, squeeze some lime juice in the soup and use some twigs coriander.
Enjoy lovely ones!