- Vegan pho is really one of my favorite soups but like many other soups that I love, it’s originally not vegan. I got inspired by a recipe of Allerhande to make a quick pho and I veganized it. If you follow me on Instagram you van tell that many of my dishes are not only vegan but gluten-free as well. The reason for that, I’ll mention in another blog post.
Recipe for 4 people
- 2 liter vegetable stock. I used 3 tbsp vegan bouillon powder of Marigold
- 5 cm fresh ginger
- 1/2 habanero pepper or chili pepper if habanero is too spicy for you
- 4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 100 g brown rice noodles. I used the noodles of Fairtrade Original
- 400 g Asian vegetables. I used these Asian vegetables, ready to use
- 300 g tofu
- 1 lime
- 28 twigs fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp soy sauce. I used this soy sauce of Inproba
- Extra bean sprout (bean sprout is already in the Asian vegetables)
- Boil the 2 liter vegetable stock. Cut the ginger into thin slices. Cut the habanero pepper in normal slices.
- Add the ginger, habanero pepper, cloves and the cinnamon stick in the vegetable stock and let everything draw in 20 minutes on low fire with a closed casserole.
- In the meanwhile, cut the tofu into regular pieces and bake them till they are yellow-brown.
- Take out the cloves and cinnamon stick, throw the noodles in the soup and let the noodles cook for 3 minutes. Add the Asian vegetables 1 minute after with the tofu. Cut the lime into pieces.
- Pour the soup in bowls and give the soup more taste with the soy sauce, squeeze some lime juice in the soup and use some twigs coriander.
Enjoy lovely ones!
Een gedachte over “Vegan Pho recipe”