A cheesecake with 100% completely raw ingredients and super healthy to start the day with. One of the recipes had to be a cheesecake because I love cheesecake. Remember my vegan strawberry cheesecake? I ate a piece of this cake every day without feeling guilty since the ingredients are healthy! My partner was lucky to get one piece ;-). Enough said, dig into the ingredients.
Ingredients for crust:
- 1 cup dates
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup pecan
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 500 g tofu
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked in water and drained. I soaked the cashews overnight
- 1/3 cup squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- vanilla extract. Check my Instagram post ‘How I made my homemade vanilla extract’
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until the mix is crumbly
- Make sure to use parchment paper in the tin. Use your hands to press the mixture evenly in the tin. I used the same tin as the one of my ‘Vegan strawberry cheesecake‘
- Put in the fridge or freezer for a couple of hours to let it firm
- Put everything except for the coconut oil into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth
- Pour in the coconut oil while the blender or processor is running. You’ll have a creamy but pourable mixture
- Pour the mixture into the tin with the prepared crust. Spread it evenly with a spatula
- Put the cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight or at least 2- 3 hours to set.
- Serve from the refrigerator. Both crust and filling will soften at room temperature
What do I think of this dish?
I really enjoyed it. It was delicious, easy and quickly made but also with affordable ingredients. A lot of the ingredients you can get at your local Lidle. I like getting different nuts at Lidle and mix them all together. Feel free to check an old post named ‘Noten‘. I wrote about the benefits of nuts for your hair. It’s a Dutch post though from my time I was only blogging in Dutch.
If you try this dish, let me know by giving me a comment below. I would really appreciate it.