This cake I’m going to make more often! It’s very healthy, sugar and gluten-free and vegan of course. I made this cake to use for food prepping to go to work and eat for a couple of days but this cake was sooooo delicious that it survived only two days. After my raw vegan challenge, I went straight to baking this cake and it was not only super delicious but also very easy and quick to make
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalaya salt
- 1 tbsp flaxseed soaked for at least 10 minutes in 2 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup melted unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- between 3/4 – 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup raisins
- between 1/4 – 2/4 chopped pecans
- preheat oven to 350F or 180C and oil a metal baking pan like the one I used with my recipe “Vegan strawberry cheesecake“.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add flaxseed, oil, and vanilla to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until everything is blended. Gently add the bananas and pecans and stir.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Let cool in the pan in the oven. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You can store the cake at room temperature in a foil or plastic wrap for 3 days.
If you try this dish, let me know by giving me a comment below. I would really appreciate it.